More blessed to Give!
Posted on Monday April 15, 2013
Cornelius was a giver. Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive. How many times have we heard this, and what have we made of it?
Because of Cornelius' prayers and alms-giving, God, Personally, invited him to eternal life. He was not a Christian, but did what is Christ-like, even though he did not know Jesus Christ. But, for you who know Christ, how do you relate with His advice to be a giver?
Giving and sharing was so much in Cornelius' DNA that when it was time to receive the Word of life, he invited family and friends to share with him what God was about to give to him, generously!
How many Christians give opportunities to others to receive from God? How many even share the Word -which is free and not even owned by you? How many evangelize? How many give? Are you one of those who do? If not, it's not too late to start today. It's commended and loved by God. Do not sell yourself short.
Bible References: Acts 10:24 (KJV), Acts 10:25 (KJV), Acts 10:26 (KJV), Acts 10:27 (KJV), Acts 20:35 (KJV)
Posted on Monday April 15, 2013
Men-pleaser or God-pleaser?
Posted on Friday August 17, 2012
Men-pleaser or God-pleaser
Colossians 3: 17 - 25
Many times in our lives, I mean everyone here without exceptions (I’m very positive about that), we do things not because we want to do them. But, because people want us to do them. Or, at least, we think they want us to do them. A typical example is what we refer to as “peer-pressure”. We all want to please men, even where it displeases us or God, to do so.
Of course, it’s ideal…but not at God’s expense…
The three people involved here are:
Another man (or men), and
Romans 15: 1 – 3 makes us understand we are not to seek to please ourselves, above other men.
It is God’s will that we dwell in peace with all men (Heb. 12:14). If a man is not pleased with you, you can not be at peace with him. Where there is a conflict between pleasing other men and ourselves, a Christian should therefore decide to please men.
1 Corinthians 10:33 “Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.” “That they may be saved” is apparently pleasing to God.
But where pleasing God and pleasing men conflicts, we ought to chose to please God!
When it comes to deciding who to please, let this wisdom of Paul in Gal. 1:10 be our guide. It reads: “For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”
The decision to please God rather than men, will be easier for us to make if we allow ourselves to be guided by the following:
1. What is God’s mind in what I am doing or about to do?
-the Scripture is replete with God’s mind concerning everything. We should search it. Especially, Proverbs has bits of advice regarding all works of life.
Consult God before doing anything
-Seek His counsel (Isaiah 1:18a; Psalm 1:1)
Once you know this, go ahead and place it in God’s hands.
-Proverbs. 16:3 "Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.”
2. Focus on the things above
In Jon 14:6, Jesus said “…, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” There is no other way or idol or role model, for you to look unto.
Without focus, you can easily fail as you will be drawn into earthly things and beginning to follow earthly counsel.
Your help is from above, not man that does not even know the number of his days, talk less of having power to change anything. That’s why the psalmist says in Psalm 121
“1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.”
Below you will find distractions and persecutors. The carnal man is very selfish and deeply wicked. Our consolation is that they did the same to our Master, before us –see John 15:18 - 20. So, you should not be moved
3. You will receive your reward from the one you have pleased
Do we want our reward from God or man? So decide who you will please.
1 Corinthians 10:21 You can to receive from both sides, when you have displeased one.
Read Matthew 6: 1 – 6. Emphasis is on verse 2.
-Proverbs. 16:7 “when a man’s ways please the Lord, He maketh even his enemy to be at peace with him”. You can still have peace all around when God is really pleased with you.
Read Colossians 3:23 – 25
4. Who are you glorifying by your works?
Is it yourself, man or God?
-is what you are doing glorifying God?
1 Corinthians 10:31 “Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.”
Rev. 12:22 “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
PRAYER POINTS FOR THE RCCG 2012 FEBRUARY FAST.
Posted on Tuesday January 31, 2012
THE YEAR OF A NEW THING
PRAYER POINTS FOR THE RCCG 2012 FEBRUARY FAST (Is. 43 vs 19).
FASTING FROM 6AM TO 6PM DAILY
Note: Let each day begin with Praises, Thanksgivings for Pastor E.A Adeboye, his family, The Redeemed Christian Church of God, The Executive Council, RCCG Central Office, Provincial Pastors, Zonal Pastors, Area Pastors, Deacons and Deaconesses ; RCCG Workforce and for yourself.
DAILY THANKSGIVING PRAYERS:
· Thank God for the victories, testimonies, miracles ,signs and wonders provided for us in the past 60 yrs of existence of RCCG worldwide.
· Thank God for the blood of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Ghost and His promises that guarantee our victory in battles over the year.
· Thank God for the expansion of RCCG UK and RCCG worldwide the new structure -its unity and peace.
· Thank God for our Daddy the General Overseer for keeping Him for the past 70yrs.
· Thank God for the UK and the events that will take place this year( Royal Coronation celebration, the Olympic, etc.
· Thank God for revival and spiritual awakening in the UK.
· Thank God for RCCG programmes FOL, OMC, RCCG Workers’ Rally, etc in this year of a New Thing.
THANKSGIVING - Jer 30:19, Ps 107: 1-43, Ps 136:1-end, Ps 92:1-5, 103:1- end.:
1. Father, thank you for making all things go well in 2011 in all RCCG churches.
2. Father, thank you for the Church Plants and increases in 2011.
3. Father, thank you for numerical growth in all RCCG Churches in 2011.
4. Father, thank you for peace and tranquillity experienced in all RCCG Churches worldwide.
5. Father, thank you for the special grace and strength you gave Daddy G.O and the Leadership in 2011.
6. Father, thank you for the success of all RCCG programmes in 2011.
7. Father, thank you for the prophecies you’ve given us in 2012 and the fulfilment of them all.
8. Father, we thank you for uncountable miracles, signs and wonders experienced in RCCG in 2011.
9. Father, thank you for Daddy G.O, Mummy G.O, their family and the protection experienced in 2011.
10. Father, we thank you because 2012 shall surpass anything we have ever experience in RCCG, in word, increase, increase, miracles e.t.c.
LEADERSHIP - 1Tim 2:1-2, Ps 127:1-2, Ps133: 1-3, Ps 25; 8, Zech 2:5, Is 32:15, 50:4
- Father, grant your son and the leadership of RCCG supernatural strength spirit, soul and body.
- Dear Lord, surround the leadership with divine peace, quietness and joy for the work ahead.
- Father, place your hedge of protection around the leadership of RCCG. No weapon fashioned against them shall prosper.
- Daddy, empower the leadership with unusual wisdom, supernatural, insight to lead your Church to greater heights in all areas.
- Dear Lord, let the leadership in all levels be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in fulfilling the vision.
- Lord, answer the prayers of our leaders this year that they may be totally focused on the job at hand.
- Daddy, let there be fresh apostolic grace upon our leaders to enable unusual expansion for your church, RCCG.
- Oh Lord, pour out your spirit afresh upon Daddy G.O, Mummy G.O and their helpers.
- In 2012, dear Lord, encourage every leader, visit them and uphold them in righteousness.
- Daddy, we uproot, dislodge and frustrate every institution of hell concerning our leadership. We declare there shall be no scandal.
CHURCH GROWTH - Is 60:1-end, Is 55:5, 8-13, Zech 2:4-5, John 17:12, Rom8:28-35, Mt 16:18
- Dear Lord, let all our parishes experience unprecedented numerical growth this year.
- Daddy, increase the manifestation of signs, wonders and miracles in our Churches to provoke supernatural growth.
- Lord, let every RCCG parish begin to experience unusual conversion of sinners to saints this year.
- Lord, establish every convert in our parishes this year until they become disciples.
- Dear Lord, grant wisdom and insight to our Parish Pastors to know what to do to bring growth.
- Oh Lord, establish all our parishes and give them a voice in the Lord.
- Daddy, let there be unity in all our parishes that your blessing may be released upon them.
- Father, let there be a constant release of fresh word in all our parishes lading to supernatural increase.
- Daddy let all RCCG Churches become cities without walls by reason of unprecedented growth through such projects as Vision 1000.
- Daddy we condemn, come against and destroy every distraction, disruption, intervention of hell to limit the growth of our Parishes in 2012.
FOR THE NATION U.K - Mt 6:9-10, James 1:17, Ps122:6, 1s 54:17, Is 44:24-27, 2 Chron 7:14, Is 61:11.
- Father, we declare peace and tranquillity to prevail in U.K.
- 32. Father, we repent of our sins as a nation and pray for you to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.
- Father, we pray for our prime minister and the cabinet, for wisdom, courage to make right decision.
- Dear Lord, grant our economic leaders wisdom and insight to bring right policies to heal our economy.
- Daddy, uphold the Royal Family and the Queen. Let the Queen’s jubilee anniversary be used to bring souls to your kingdom.
- Dear Lord, breathe afresh on all the initiatives which RCCG UK is involved with this year. i.e. Hope Initiative, Global Day of Prayer (GDOP), National Parenting Initiative (NPI), the London Olympic Games, etc to achieve eternal purpose.
- Daddy, we pray for all levels of government in UK for wisdom of God and Divine help to govern and fulfil heaven’s mandate.
- Father, in 2012, please expose and bring to judgment every intention of terrorists and non-favourable agendas of lobbyists against your purpose in U.K.
- Daddy, raise bold people up across the land who will declare your counsel and stand for righteousness.
- Dear Lord, Let UK experience Divine visitation this year that your Kingdom truly may come.
FULFILLMENT OF PROPHECY & MEMBERS - Is55: 10-11, Is 43:19, Ps 121:1-2, Ps 102:13, Deut 28:1-14, Jer 30:17-20, Is 10:27
- Father, let every member of RCCG experience divine help this year.
- Father, in 2012, let every RCCG member experience new promotion, new miracles and new testimonies in Jesus Name.
- Dear Lord, let there be unusual healing of all terminal disease in our member the year, (cancer, AIDS etc).
- Daddy, let everyone waiting for the fruit of the womb receive their miracle babies this year
as you terminate all forms of barriers in Jesus Name.
45. Oh Lord, let every troubled, unstable and difficult marriages in RCCG membership be
healed this year and grant them new wine.
46. Father, in this 2012 fast, let every eligible single waiting for marriage be located this year
and let there be marriages in Jesus Name.
47. Daddy, by prophecy, let family histories of RCCG members be re-written this year
in Jesus Name.
48. Daddy, let there be an end to family premature death in Jesus’ Name.
49. As you have prophesied, let our members experience the massive transfer of wealth this
year in Jesus’ Name.
50. Father, let there be an excellent spirit upon our members, academically. Let our students
and professionals be above only and never beneath in Jesus Name.
PERSONAL SUPPLICATION - Is55: 10-11, Is 43:19, Ps 121:1-2, Ps 102:13, Deut 28:1-14, Jer 30:17-20, Is 10:27
51. Daddy, this year, hasten to perform your promises in my life and family.
52. Father, let there be an unusual outpouring of your blessings upon our life and my
53. Daddy, keep me safe, holy, and sinless this year that I may please you in all I do.
54. Father, let 2012 be “A Year of New Things” for me in every ramification in Jesus Name.
55. Father, plead my cause this year and let me arise in your power, glory and
56. Daddy, let every delayed blessing of mine be released speedily this year.
57. Oh Lord, wipe away my tears and usher me in a New season of laughter, joy and power.
58. Father, scatter and put to flight every confederacy of hell against my destiny.
59. Daddy, throughout this year 2012, let the blood speak for me, my household etc.
60. Oh Lord, shorten the distance between where I am and where I ought to be this year.
-From the National Director of Prayer, RCCG UK, Pastor Sola Oludoyi
Christmas Together 2011
Posted on Friday December 09, 2011
Be our Special Guest @
Christmas Together 2011
Carols, lessons, Quiz, Word, Jokes and food
FREE with warmth and love as a family
Place: RCCG: Place of His Presence
Mottingham Methodist Hall,
62 Mottingham Road,
Mottingham, SE9 4QR.
Date: 18th December 2011
Time: 6 – 8PM
Contact: 07800518727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Buses: 124, 126 & 161
Trains: Mottingham & Grove Park
You are specially invited to Christmas Together 2011
Posted on Thursday December 08, 2011
Do the work of an Evangelist
Posted on Sunday November 06, 2011
Mark 5:14 – 20
Introduction: The day you were saved is a remarkable day -a remarkable and very wonderful one! Ephesians 2: 8 – 9 shows that your salvation is not your own fruit or achievement and you do not earn badges for that. But what your salvation does is that it offers you a platform to witness or reach out from.
Body: The man who Christ delivered from the legion of demons, undoubtedly experienced a phenomenal event in his life. Many of us have had encounters with the Lord; we have weekly testimonies that we share in church -even our salvation experience, these are all things we could speak about and share with others.Especially, share them with people outside the church. Who can tell your own experiences and stories better than yourself? Share your Christian experiences, the miracles, wonders and marvellous works of Christ in your life, with your friends and others. Testify! 2 Timothy 4:5 challenges us to evangelise and truly prove our ministry of the great commission from Christ. Are we obeying Christ in this regard?
Christ redeemed us from the world and destruction, unto Himself. We were separated from the world system, to live a new in Christ. Why do we still want to return to our old ways -the way of the world?
· Where is the change in you (see 2 Corinthians 5:17)?
· Your attitude, language and dressing, where do you get them from?
Why were you changed?
To know God and lead others to know Him. Look at it this way, you were saved and recruited. Looking back to our Bible passage, we can see both points there in the man's encounter with Christ:
· Jesus saved him from demons and destruction, first.
· Finally, Jesus sent him to tell others what wonderful thing has happened to him through Christ. That is, "go and do the work of an evangelist” -to publicize Christ. See Acts 1:8.
Starting from your family and friends, your neighbours and colleagues and unto the outer parts. But, many seem ashamed to share Christ -they do not want people to know they are Christians, because they think they may be ridiculed concerning their faith. Well, if you feel like that, then I dare say you really have not met Christ. The man delivered from Christ was not ashamed when almost the entire city came to look at him. Neither did he shy away from going about and telling people his experience with Christ. Pray that Jesus will do things in your life that will be to marvellous to hide from others.
Perhaps, reading and meditating on Ephesians 2: 1 - 10 may set you on the right course.
Finally: If you are in Christ, where are the fruits to show it? John 15:5
If you have received Christ and you are still as you were before the encounter, then better check again if Christ is truly in you. Because, if He is, there must be fruits to prove it. You can not be barren if you are in Christ. You were saved to bear fruits.Go out there and share your Christian experiences with your friends, family members, neighbours and colleagues. Start from there.
Posted on Friday November 04, 2011
Matthew 6:34 KJV, Mark 16:3-4 KJVand Hebrews 11:11 KJV
Sometimes, we worry unnecessarily.
Some do not even venture out due to doubts and worries about "how can we do it?", "is it possible?", etc.
If we could just trust that He Who has promised is able, and that He's already made provision, we will be walking in obedience, comfortably and all-round peace.
He knows my name!
Posted on Friday November 04, 2011
1 Samuel 16:11-12 and Isaiah 49:15
The Lord said even if the mother can forget her suckling child, He will not forget me. That it is impossible for Him to forget me.
While David's brothers were pursuing personal ambitions, career, mingling in the society and serving their king, he was in the bush mingling with animals and serving their father. Though he was tending the family herd, the father and brothers forgot he existed when the family was called to assemble -he was not counted. Even his faithful service was not enough to remind them. His handsomeness and the danger he is exposed to with the wild beasts of the bush did not even count!
Family, friends, colleagues, associates, classmates and others may forget me. But, God will not! He created me in His image, with attention to every detail. He knows me better than I, or anyone else, do. He knows my name.
LIVING THE LIFE.
Posted on Sunday September 11, 2011
1 Corinthians 9:27 and be not cast away after preaching to others.
Intro: He does God’s work –evangelising (Do we?). But, is conscious to observe what he preaches.
· Locating yourself in God’s word
· Preaching Jesus to others –by word and lifestyle
Body: Daniel 1:8 (from verse 5) Daniel refused the allure that many will kill for.
· Denying self to please God.
· What shall a man give in exchange for his soul (see Mark 8: 34 – 38)?
James 1: 22 – 27: Doers of the word
· How many hear the word (attend Sunday School, Digging Deep or remember last Sunday’s message), not to talk of doing it?
· How many of us visit or even call our brethren?
· Who are our role models in conversation, dressing, etc?
· Are we unspotted from or do we STRIVE to belong to the world (see further John 17:15 - 16 & 1 John 5:19)
Finally: Ezra 7:10 Ezra was prepared to know God’s ways and to follow them, then them to others. As I close this message, please note these questions down;
· Are you prepared for Christ’s coming?
· Who do you seek to please, yourself or God?
· What are your principles?
· How is your neighbour?
Bear Mark 8:38 in mind always.
Though the above is just a note. As you ponder them and follow the Bible verses, I know God will reveal more to you. LIt will be appropriate if you could pray at this point for God to help you get prepared, fill you with His love and passion for His work and, the lives of other.